Reclaim Your Mess in 2021!
It’s no secret: The idea of messiness gets a bad rap.
So often, when women hear me say the word messy, the worst possible images come to mind: a house full of chaos, dirty dishes, and screaming kids; a head that’s spinning with worst-case scenarios; a person who can’t get their shit together no matter how hard they try.
And now, in the wake of so much chaos being enacted on our political stage, the idea of messiness has extended to images of a mob storming the Capitol Building. It has extended to the general sense of confusion and division we experience on social media, the handling of affairs around the pandemic, and so many other factors that have made our national and global situation feel downright chaotic.
So—believe me, sister, when I say I don’t blame anyone for wanting to hold messy at bay with a ten-foot pole!
However, I think it’s time for us to reclaim messy—in the name of our sanity and greater levels of clarity!
For me, messy is not about the flurry of images and scenes that blare out at us from the 24/7 news cycle, or the feelings of utter bewilderment and overwhelm we might experience as we think about what’s going to happen next. It’s a personal journey into our wholeness. It’s a brave expedition into all parts of ourselves: the things we fear, the things we are ashamed of, and the things that make us uniquely who we are.
Because I believe that when we reclaim our personal mess, this is what sets the stage for more powerful and responsible choices—and for actions that move us closer to ourselves and one another.
For me, this process is about the brilliance, creativity, and aha moments we tap into when we surrender to the beautiful, glorious mess of it all. And, more than anything, it’s about acceptance of all our parts—which is the closest thing to a recipe for happiness I can think of.
Are you ready to come with me on an epic journey through messiness this year?
I am thrilled to share with you one of my most popular courses, Your Messy Brilliance®: A 30-Day Course to Embrace Your Perfectly Imperfect Self!
Over the course of a month, we’ll go through a series of fun, easy, daily exercises that will help you to:
- Define what joy means to you on your own terms
- Uncover the inspiration, self-acceptance, and courage you need to take charge of your destiny
- Cut out the things that deplete your time, energy, and resources—and connect to what really matters
- Combat burnout and stress, while adding more hours to your day
- Know what makes you come alive and achieve a greater sense of passion and purpose
- Find your true brilliance in the middle of your life—the messy, the glorious, all of it!
- Learn how to use your intuition, messiness, and perceived “flaws” to increase your impact in the world while remaining true to yourself
- Throw away the templates that tell you there is only one cookie-cutter version of success (from the way you dress to the way you talk and interact)—and create your own
- Leave with an action plan for making life happen—on a day-to-day basis and in looking at the bigger picture of your life
Trust me, this is about getting clear and having fun at the same time—so I encourage you to throw out your New Year’s resolutions and join me for something even more satisfying. This 2021, develop your truthtelling skills even further, and let’s reclaim messy together!Sign up for the course here.