“I don’t care if you’re my flesh and blood. I hate everything you stand for.”
“I need our relationship to go to the next level.”
If only it were as simple as just spitting it out.
But in reality, some conversations just really, really suck to have.
Because you don’t want to be hurtful.
You don’t want to be cruel.
And you really, really don’t want to be rejected.
Of course, you also don’t want it to spiral into blame, yelling,
crying, threats, awkward silence, or the horribly final,
“Well, I guess that’s it, then. Have a nice life.”
Here’s the thing though: it doesn’t have to be this way.
It can be graceful. Generous. Honest. Giving. Effective. Beautifully direct.
That’s why we’ve created this toolkit you can call on whenever it’s time to have a hard conversation.
Hard Conversations Toolkit
How to Navigate Those Tricky “Can We Talk” Moments
Soon, you’ll be able to:
- Dive right in without hemming and hawing or waiting for “just the right moment.”
- Make the other person feel invited rather than confronted. (No more, “Uh-oh. Where’s this going?”)
- Ask yourself the exact right questions beforehand, so you’re clear and beautifully-expressed (instead of reckless or tongue-tied).
- Pause and think without squirming or compulsively filling the dead air with things you didn’t mean to say.
- Make the whole talk feel like a win-win.
- Wrap it up cleanly, even if you don’t come to an agreement.
- Be such a master that you never dread or avoid a hard conversation again.
Here’s what you’ll get instantly
Hard Conversations Interactive and Printable Workbook
- How to start: Learn to turn “We have to talk” from a big “Uh-oh” to a gracious invitation.
- Info on navigating the three “phases” of a hard conversation: before, during and after
- Reflection questions to “grade” your conversations as you practice, and make each next one better
- At-a-glance quick tips that’ll be little lifesavers each time you thumb through and use them.
- “Shouldn’t I just let bygones be bygones?” “What’s the point when they’re just going to get offended?” “How do I get through to someone who never listens?”…And other burning FAQs—with our answers.
Hard Conversations Audio Empowerments
- Prepping your conversation: Kelly reminds you what to focus on and bolsters your confidence to go ahead and do this thing.
- Right before: This is the “you got this” pep talk you need to go for it and stay on track.
- After: You did it! Kelly helps you check in with yourself and keep that conversation muscle limber and ready to go again.
here’s what people are saying
“I love Women For One. This beautiful community website is a powerful forum for women to share from their depths. When we consciously share our stories with each other, when we can be vulnerable in a safe place, then huge healing happens. Women For One offers a safe haven that is transforming the world, one woman at a time.”
“Women For One is an incredible organization that has inspired myself and countless others to stand up and tell their Truth. I am so grateful for the opportunity to have shared my story and to have been uplifted by the stories of others. Everyone has a story, and this is your opportunity to tell it.”
“Being a Truthteller for Wf1 helped me feel more globally connected to women all over the globe. Truthtelling is not just another story that gets passed on by, but rather, it allows us to be meaningfully connected from one heart to another. Through the sharing of our stories, we unravel the most of our authenticity—inspiring others to do the same.”
How long have you been letting
that hard conversation eat at you?
What if you could just get these tricky talks out of the way and breathe
a sigh of “that went better than I thought it would” relief?
What if you could get insanely good at saying what you need to say, every time? Without putting it off.
Never again hold it in till you’re bursting with blame and resentment.
Say goodbye to shit-storms of passive-aggressive finger-pointing, or explosive anger and accusations.
You’re about to find out what life is like when you don’t sit on resentment, nurse grudges,
or let confrontations go off the rails.
(Spoiler: It’s amazing.)